Data Expert Group
- Vehicle Signal Specification (VSS) is a common approach for describing vehicle data and is a widely adopted, developer-friendly, extensible data model and catalog with industry-supported tooling.
- Vehicle Signal Specification Ontology (VSSo) facilitates the use of VSS in analytics and services.
- Vehicle API exposes vehicle data as defined and described by VSS to a variety of agreed-upon touch-points in and out of the vehicle.
- Vehicle Service Catalog (VSC) is a standardized, extensible vehicle service catalog and associated tools to enable protocol, language, and specification-agnostic interoperability between ECUs, infotainment, and cloud.
- Vehicle Information Service Specification (VISS) is a joint effort between W3C and COVESA hosted by W3C. It is a service for accessing vehicle information and signals from sensors on control units within a vehicle's network. It exposes this information using COVESA VSS.
- Data Architecture Terminology drives understanding and adoption of COVESA specifications and technical projects through the definition of reusable common architectural terminology and patterns realized with technical implementations, and proofs of concept
Electric Vehicle Charging Expert Group
- EV Charging Event Data Aggregation Project focuses on the standardization of data and APIs that will enable and leverage shared big data at a large scale to deliver great charging experiences.
- EV Optimization - Increase Travel Range for Fixed Battery team aims to develop a standard specification for power optimization and demonstrate features/scenarios by POC.
- Private Cross OEM Joint Compute for EV Charging group provides technical solutions to address the challenges of sharing data.
- Automotive Cybersecurity Team addresses a growing number of standards and topics enhancing cybersecurity in the vehicle.
Automotive AOSP App Framework Expert Group
- Automotive AOSP App Framework Expert Group identifies gaps between AAOS with GAS and AAOS without and proposes, and specifies and/or develops white label solutions/alternatives. Only topics either not being available for OEMs using AAOS without GAS or not available at all will be tackled within this group to avoid fragmentation across the automotive industry.
Simulation & Tooling
- digital.auto aims to support OEMs in the adoption of VSS, SdV, and COVESA standards by making it easy to rapidly explore the feasibility of new business ideas and features through an online playground.
Vehicle Experience and Content – Entertainment BoF
- In-Vehicle Payment SIG explores standard and novel approaches for in-vehicle commerce and payments.
Learn more on how to get involved in the COVESA Getting Started Guide.